– Krzysztof Holowczyc wins the Baja Poland
– Joao Ferreira wins FIA European Cup for Cross-Country Bajas
The three MINI JCW Rally crews were the measure of all things at the Baja Poland, the fifth and final event of the FIA European Cup for Cross-Country-Bajas. The two Poles Krzysztof Holowczyc and Lukas Kurzeja won all five special stages to take a comfortable victory. The two Portuguese Joao Ferreira and David Monteiro finished second and thus also celebrated the overall victory in the FIA European Cup. The two Poles Michal Maluszynski and Julita Maluszynska finished third and ended the Cup season in second place.
There was no chance of getting past Holowczyc and Kurzeja at their home rally. The two kept the competition behind them right from the start. Holowczyc won all five special stages and ended up winning by 17 minutes. For the Pole it was victory number eight at his home rally.
It was a tough fight between the two crews Maluszynski / Maluszynska and Ferreira / Monteiro for the overall victory in the FIA European Cup. The two Poles had travelled to the Baja Poland as overall leaders with a lead of three points. But the Portuguese crew managed to collect enough points through better placings to overtake the Polish duo and secure the overall victory in the FIA European Cup for Cross-Country Bajas.
Baja Poland – overall staindingd
1. K. Holowczyc / L. Kurzeja – MINI JCW Rally – 4h 31m 44s
2. J. Ferreira / D. Monteiro – MINI JCW Rally – 4h 49m 43s
3. M. Maluszynski / J. Maluszynska – MINI JCW Rally – 4h 50m 38s
4. A. Ventura / M. Brun – Yamaha – 5h 20m 15s
5. A. Kús / M. Pasek – Can-Am – 5h 25m 51s