– Qatar’s Khalid Al-Mohannadi edges clear of Austin Jones and Fedor Vorobyev in T3 battle.
A fascinating tussle was fought out in the T3 category with seven Can-Ams, a pair of OT3s, a G-Force T3 GF and two Polaris RZRs battling it out for stage honours.
Khalid Al-Mohannadi and Sébastien Delaunay whith her Polaris RZR Turbo clocked the fastest time of 2hr 01min 39sec to win the opening round of the Manateq Qatar Cross Country Rally.
T3 leader Al-Mohannadi said: « Today, the strategy was not too much speed. No damage to the tyres and we finished. Sébastien is a very good co-driver, so no mistakes today. We will check our strategy in the morning when we see the road book and the route. »
Sebastian Guayasamin and Ricardo Torlaschi had a good performance in their debut, 11th in the general classification and 7th in their category.
Sebastian Guayasamin said: « We are happy, this first stage is all new for us and we are adapting to the car. We had only one puncture, the navigation was fine, I think tomorrow we can give much more of us! »
2020 Manateq Qatar National Baja – round 1 positions
1. Khalid Al-Mohannadi (QAT)/Sébastien Delaunay (FRA) Polaris RZR 1000 Turbo (T3), 2hr 01min 39sec
2. Saleh Al-Saif (SAU)/Ali Hassan Obaid (ARE) Can-Am Maverick X3 (T3), 2hr 17min 29sec
3. Ahmed Al-Kuwari (QAT)/Manuel Lucchese (ITA) Can-Am Maverick X3 (T3), 2hr 23min 43sec
4. Mohammed Al-Harqan (QAT)/Vili Oslaj (SLO) Can-Am Maverick X3 (T3), 2hr 26min 32sec
5. Rashed Al-Mohannadi (QAT)/Pedro Santos (PRT) Can-Am Maverick X3 (T3), 2hr 35min 24sec…