Camelia Liparoti and Annett Fischer (Yamaha YXZ1000R-Yamaha Powered by X-Raid Team) enter the Top10 again 46’15 minutes from the winner Seth Quintero, while Mattias Ekstrom and Emil Bergkvist (Yamaha YXZ1000R-Yamaha Powered by X- Raid Team), outside the general classification, crossed the finish line in 16th place!
Camelia Liparoti: « We survived the marathon stage. Yesterday was particularly challenging. This morning, we had to start with a bent suspension and we drove very, very slowly until the refuel. Possibly a bit too slowly. After that, however, the scenery on the stage was beautiful and we found a good rhythm. We are happy to be back with the team. »
The X-raid Yahama Racing Rally supported Team was able to repair the Yamaha YXZ1000R prototype, meaning Mattias Ekström can rejoin the Dakar 2021 in the « Dakar Experience »-class tomorrow.
T3.1 light prototypes – Ergebnis SS8
1. S. Quintero (USA) / D. Zenz (GER) – OT3 – 3h 44m 05s
2. J. Machacek (CZE) / P. Vyoral (CZE) – Can-Am – 4h 00m 56s
3. R. Carneiro (PO) / F. Serra (POR) – Can-Am – 4h 02m 27s
4. M. Al Helei (UAE) / M. ORR (GBR) – PH-Sport – 4h 16m 18s
5. L. Baud (FRA) / L. Minaudier (FRA) – PH-Sport – 6h 06m 04s…
9. C. Liparoti (ITA) / A. Fischer (GER) – Yamaha YXZ1000R prototype – 4h 40m 20s
T3.1 light prototypes – Gesamtwertung nach SS8
1. S. Quintero (USA) / D. Zenz (GER) – OT3 – 36h 23m 19.
2. J. Machacek (CZE) / P. Vyoral (CZE) – Can-Am – 40h 30m 21s
3. C. Liparoti (ITA) / A. Fischer (GER) – Yamaha YXZ1000R prototype – 41h 46m 48s
4. J.-L. Pisson (FRA) / V. Sarreaud (FRA) – PH-Sport – 42h 20m 12s
5. P. Pinchedez (FRA) / V. Ferri (FRA) – Pinch Racing – 43h 07m 37s