Camelia Liparoti and Annett Fischer (Yamaha YXZ1000R-Yamaha Powered by X-Raid Team) finished in the Top5 at 46’08 behind today’s winner Cristina Herrero. In 15th place, Mattias Ekstrom and Emil Bergkvist (Yamaha YXZ1000R-Yamaha Powered by X-Raid Team) resumed the race this morning, outside the general classification, after their mishap on Friday.
In the provisional, Camelia Liparoti and Annett Fischer gained two positions and were in 4th position at 4:37 behind the leader.
Camelia Liparoti: « We tried to look after the car, so as to avoid any problems on the marathon leg. That was not so easy at all, as there were some nasty stones on the route. We could drive a bit faster on the sand, but even then there were a lot of stones hidden. »
After suffering an engine damage, Mattias Ekström’s vehicle is being transported to the bivouac in Neom, where the X-raid Yahama Racing Rally supported Team has already set up the Service Park. There the team will try to repair the Yamaha YXZ1000R and give Ekström the opportunity to rejoin the rally on stage nine within the ‘Dakar experience’. With the ‘Dakar experience’ the organiser allows amateurs and newcomers, who would usually have to retire due to a problem, to complete the Dakar.
T3.1 light prototypes – result of SS7
1. C. Gutierrez (ESP) / F. Cazalet (FRA) – OT3 – 5h 25m 41s
2. S. Quintero (USA) / D. Zenz (GER) – OT3 – 5h 26m 9s
3. J. Machacek (CZE) / P. Vyoral (CZE) – Can-Am – 5h 51m 48s
4. J. Bergounhe (FRA) / J. Brucy (FRA) – PH-Sport – 6h 06m 04s
5. C. Liparoti (ITA) / A. Fischer (GER) – Yamaha YXZ1000R prototype – 6h 11m 49s…
T3.1 light prototypes – overall standings after SS7
1. S. Quintero (USA) / D. Zenz (GER) – OT3 – 32h 39m 14s
2. C. Gutierrez (ESP) / F. Cazalet (FRA) – OT3 – 34h 35m 30s
3. J. Machacek (CZE) / P. Vyoral (CZE) – Can-Am – 36h 29m 25s
4. C. Liparoti (ITA) / A. Fischer (GER) – Yamaha YXZ1000R prototype – 37h 16m 28s
5. J. Bergounhe (FRA) / J. Brucy (FRA) – PH-Sport – 40h 12m 50s…